Gift Processing/Office Coordinator – Full Time
Do you understand that the success of a fundraising organization hinges on quality data and superb organizational skills? Are you obsessive over detail? Is it important to you to know that your work is meaningful and essential? If so, and you wish to work for a dynamic non-profit, then we want to meet you. This position requires a team player who can easily adapt in what can be a hectic environment. We need someone who understands that it is often the smallest of details that matter most to our donors and who will work each and every day to ensure each donor/team member interaction is unique and meaningful. Working closely with the Finance and Data Manager, the Gift Processing Office Coordinator will be responsible for:
• The gift entry process including: direct mail, special events, monthly, online and all other donations and deposits on a daily basis.
• Timely and accurate printing of tax receipts and gift acknowledgement letters.
• Reconciliation of month end donation reports.
• Creating sponsorship invoices.
• Maintaining the integrity of our data.
• Designing and pulling reports/queries as required to support all fundraising activities.
• Managing the day-to-day operations of the Foundation office, including office organization, document management, and inventory control.
• Answering all phone and personal inquiries.
• Retrieving, opening and following through with all mail inquiries.
• Monitoring the foundation’s email, following through or assigning for follow up as necessary.
• Providing limited administrative support to the Foundation President
• Recruitment, training, coordination and management of the foundation’s office volunteers
• Provides related assistance to special projects or special events as required.
• University degree/College diploma with experience working in a business/fundraising office, or equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
• Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and dependability.
• Professional presence and manner and capable of exercising independent judgment.
• Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills, with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and flexibility in meeting shifting demands and priorities.
• Capacity to handle confidential information appropriately.
• Knowledge of databases or Raiser Edge fundraising software, recommended.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
St. Mary’s General Hospital
Located in the heart of Kitchener, St. Mary’s is the second-largest acute care hospital in the St. Joseph’s Health System and a Regional Cardiac Care Centre. It proudly serves the residents of Waterloo, Wellington County, and extends its reach to Dufferin, Grey-Bruce and beyond. Its nearly 2,000 staff, physicians and volunteers provide excellent, compassionate care to hundreds of thousands of patients and families every year in its core areas of clinical focus: Cardiac Care (Regional Cardiac Centre), Respiratory Care (Level 1 Thoracic Surgery Centre), Outpatient (Day) Surgery, General Medicine, 24/7 Emergency Care.
While the Foundation was formally incorporated in 1986 to act as the official fundraising arm of the hospital, St. Mary’s has counted on the generosity of its community since 1924. Its goal is to tell the stories that make the hospital great and to ask the community to invest in St. Mary’s mission of healing and hope.
Please apply via email with cover letter and resume, no later than Thursday August 31st.
St. Mary’s General Hospital Foundation
911 Queen’s Boulevard
Kitchener, On, N2M 1B2